Link to article: https://mylambton.ca/IT/Secure_Print_Instructions_for_HP/
Secure Print Instructions for HP
- Open the Devices and Printers menu from the Windows Start menu.
- Right-click on the Xerox printer you wish to configure for Secure Print and choose Printer Properties from the pop-up menu.
- On the General tab, click the Printing Preferences button.
- On the Job Storage tab, under Job Storage Mode select Personal Job. In the Make Job Private/Secure section, you can now select PIN to print and enter a 4 digit PIN.
- Click OK to close the Printing Preferences window.
- Click OK to close the Printer Properties window.
To turn this feature off, repeat these steps and change the setting to Off instead of Personal job.
When you print a document, it will be held in the printer’s queue until you visit the printer and release the job with your chosen Secure Print password. Follow these instructions to release the job:
- Press the OK button on the printer.
- Select Retrieve From Device Memory.
- Select your name (**Note the above screen shot has a student id by default but you can select custom and put your name in.)
- Your list of documents will appear so that you can select your print job(s).
- Highlight the one you want and press ok.
- Select Print and press ok
- Enter your PIN and press ok
- Select number of copies and press ok
**Please note that these steps are for an HP LaserJet 600 series. Most devices will be similar but the steps for retrieving the job may vary slightly from device to device.**