After trying to configure again today as standard procedure we were faced with the same issue where the device hangs on login and then shows could not connect to the server error. In the background you see it logging out soon after logging in and then the error displays. Trying to log in to diagnostics following this results in a locked screen. Only thing to do afterwards is pull the power cable or hold power button for a while.
The fix for this issue was to perform the below in order…
- Factory initialise from secret boot menu (ensure to perform dc132 afterwards)
- Perform DC301 NVM sys-user initialise
- Perform job log clear from secret boot menu
- Perform storage device initialise from secret boot menu (not HDD initialise)
- Perform factory reset from device tab on home screen
- Perform software reload (I used USB mode from secret boot menu)
The above finally cleared all device settings, removing the pull print icon and restoring all app icons as when come from factory.
Thanks to Sean Sutherland for the tips as he had endured many issues at Wogan house this weekend which resulted in his findings. I’m not sure if procedures were all the same for him but mine above where what worked.
Best of luck everyone with the next MEX!