A customer migrated the Equitrac "EQCas" database from one server to a new server. When we did this we had an issue with the server still using the old server instance.
Below is what you normally have to do to point the Equitrac DB to the new database/server instance.
Once this is done, restarted the EQ services and this should then use the new database, if it doesn't, follow the below.
MAKE SURE YOU ARE LOGGED ON AS EQUITRAC ACCOUNT THAT EQ SERVICES RUN AS
1. Go to start and administrative tools
2. Open ODBC Data Sources
3. Open system DSN tab
4. Find EQCas - click on this and click configure on right
5. Select the new server from dropdown for server, if this is not there, enter it manually and click next
6. Choose "With Windows NT authentication using the network login ID" and click next
7. Click next and next again till you get to the end.
8. It should then allow you to test, it should then say test successful
Once this is has been completed, restarted the EQ services again and it will then start using the new SQL database.