This procedure is to get machine logs. It will extract the machine logs from an operational machine and store them on a USB thumb drive in an encrypted file.
- An operational machine
- USB thumb drive with at least 500 MB of space available.
- The autolog_collection.dlm.
Note: If there is not enough space on the thumb drive you will get a "Failed to Verify USB" message on the upper left of the UI.
- Extract the zipped file to your USB thumb drive. It should be placed on your USB thumb drive in a folder called autorun. (not case sensitive). If you already have an upgrade or altboot folder on your USB drive, you must rename it.
- If this is a boot problem, power on the machine and wait at least 30 seconds before inserting the USB drive. (The machine does not need to be fully booted.) Skip to step 4.
- If the machine boots properly, let the machine boot and connect to the machine's web page to enhance logging.
- Go to Properties.
- Go to General Setup.
- Go to Network logs.
- Select Enhanced and then Save. (Note: Enhanced should only be selected if specifically requested by Xerox 2nd or 3rd Level Support personnel)
- Recreate the problem (Email, Workflow Scanning, Fax Forwarding, etc.)
Note: If the problem cannot be recreated after a week, change the logging back to Basic.
- Reboot the machine after recreating the problem.
- While the machine is fully booted, insert the USB thumb drive